We met four interesting guys from Finland during this trip.They are so young, so energetic, and like extreme sports.
When Yu Hung, Hung Chieh and I planed to go see the museum,
the little brother Eerikki told us they wanted to go
river rafting, horse riding and rock-climbing.
You can easily tell the difference between
people of middle age and people in their twenties.

The big brother Ossi Ollinaho.
A PH. D student, now he is doing his research
in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil .
He is so good at chatting up with girls.
Whenever he chatted with girls in Spanish,
the other three guys could just stand back and watch...
envy maybe, Ha.
Once Eerikki told me: I wish I could speak Spanish.

Walking along the rail road to the water fall,
Ossi did not want to walk horizontally
but vertically.

The second brother Pirkka Ollinaho in the back,
he is a Graduate Student of Uni. Helsinki .
An expert of astronomy, he showed me the star of South Cross.

I put lots of sun block and wore a hat to prevent the sun in Machu Picchu, but Pirkka couldn't wait to enjoy the sunshine.
The Ollinaho Brothers are confused why people holding umbrellas in Hong Kong in sunny days. They thought it was funny.
When we stayed in the jungle overnight,
Pirkka said he had a dream that he fight with a jaguar!!!

The cute little brother Eerikki Ollinaho, who earned money from online poker for this trip.
He taught me the first Finland word "SISU".
With Sisu, he killed a reindeer by bare hands when served in the military.
"Sisu is a unique Finnish concept.
It stands for the philosophy that what must be done will be done, regardless what it takes.
Sisu is a special strength and persistent determination and resolve to continue and to overcome in the moment of adversity,
a combination of stamina, perseverance, courage and determination held in reserve for hard times."

Eerikki was quite sick in the jungle,
I heard he vomited all night next door...
He was too sick to go hiking with us the next day. Eerikki: where is your Sisu?

Hannu Matalaa, the left one in the picture.
He is not the Ollinaho family.
Hannu and Eerikki are best friends.
Hannu also loves to play poker online, he is very good at snowboarding and soccer.

Jungle soccer.
Hannu is the one kicked soccer with bare foot.

The Finland guys are not afraid of the freezing water.
Sisu...

6 則留言:
Hey you (you) misspelled "sisu" in the ending! ;) "susi" means wolf in finnish. Excellent writing, we all read it and enjoyed (and laughed) very much reading it! :)
Oops, misspelling.
Sisu and Susi the two Finland world I'll never forget. :D
Middle age, uh, we went to many museum in NYC...
I wish I could speak Spanish too... '_____'
Sisu seems like the concept 凡事天註定。 And Susi makes me thinking traditional Japanese food - Sushi. (Are these two word sound the same?)
I guess the water could be warm enough as compared with it in their homeland.
More languages you speak, more girls you can chat up with easily.
Right? Ossi.
I strongly recommend all the foreign teachers declaim that in classes. Ha.
@Clark
I also think the "Susi" is the Japanese food. :P
Maybe I am too hungry now.
@Karen
I agree your saying "More languages you speak, more girls you can chat up with easily." It's nice motivation for me to learn the language well. :P
張貼留言